Instead of the classic corn-on-the-cob, a corn salad is great substitution. Hot or cold, this side dish consists of a creamy texture, enhanced with chili flavoring. The rich mayo, lime juice and seasoning creates a spicy dressing, which pairs well with the cilantro. The corn mixed with red onion gives this salad the perfect crunch, and takes a total of 20 minutes to make.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 4 cups of corn
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
1. Place corn in a large frying pan. Coat with olive oil and season with chili powder. Sauté on a medium-high heat.
2. Remove corn from the frying pan, once it begins to brown and place in a large bowl.
3. Add chopped red onion, mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro. Mix well.
Note: This dish can be served hot or cold