These spicy burgers are just as delicious and satisfying as any classic burger with the added Mexican flavor of Pico de Gallo, tortilla chips, and avocado.
Jack's Gourmet produces a nitrate-free line of flavored sausage patties, which we used in this recipe. The patties are available in the freezer section of your local supermarket and at www.jacksgourmetkosher.com.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 burgerServings
- Spicy Mexican-Style Chorizo Beef Sausage Patties
- Pico de Gallo
- Tortilla chips
1. Heat grill or pan to high heat.
2. For the juiciest burger, skip extra lean ground beef and go for beef with at least 15% fat content.
3. Gently form burger; being too rough with the meat will toughen the burger.
4. Place on oiled pan or grill.
5. Now leave it alone and allow the burger and grill to work their magic.
6. Only flip once, when you see brownness developing on the sides of the burger and juices starting to sizzle on the top of the burger.
7. While the burger is grilling: do not touch the burger or flatten the burger with a spatula while it is searing. This will only squeeze out the natural juices so crucial to a juicy center.
8. Let the burger rest for a minute or so before putting on bun. Grill bun while burger rests.
9. Place all ingredients in layers on bun. Serve immediately.
Tip: Try this recipe with our homemade Pico de Gallo.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.