This Mexican twist on a traditional brisket is a must try - the spice rub is so flavorful.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 (2½-pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, salt, dry mustard, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, and chili powder. Rub spice mixture all over the meat.
3. Heat evoo in an ovenproof heavy-bottomed pan, such as a Dutch oven.
4. Over high heat, brown brisket for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
5. When meat is brown, add broth, cover, and place in oven at 375°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Source: Quick & Kosher Meals in Minutes