- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 25 ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 Pints mesquite chips
- 6 Pounds turkey tenderloins, skin removed
- Pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 Quarts mango, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 Cups cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 Each jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
1 Soak mesquite chips in water for 2 hours. Preheat charcoal grill. Drain mesquite chips and add to hot coals.
2 Sprinkle turkey tenderloins with pepper and grill 8 to 10 minutes per side (rotate to ensure all four sides are marked) or until 170 degrees F internal temperature is reached.
3 Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice turkey into 1/2-inch medallions and arrange on dinner plates.
4 Combine mango, cucumber, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve salsa over tenderloins.
National Turkey Federation