A refreshing salad using the delicious California black olives, perfect addition to your meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup Lowfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 12 ounces Extra firm tofu, diced (1-inch)
- 2 quarts Torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 (15 oz.) can Kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted sunflower seeds
- tablespoons Toasted sunflower seeds
1 Combine 1/2 cup of avocado with buttermilk in the bowl of a food processor.
2 Pulse until creamy and smooth.
3 Transfer to a small mixing bowl and stir in remaining avocado, chives, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper and set aside.
4 Heat oil in a medium sized non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat.
5 Add tofu, season with remaining salt and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
6 Set aside to cool
7 In a large mixing bowl, combine lettuce, beans, California Ripe Olives, carrots, and tofu. Toss with creamy avocado dressing until evenly coated. Top with sprouts, shredded cheese and sunflower seeds just before serving.
Source: California Olive