- 1 cup quinoa
- 1¼ cup boiling water
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 handfuls of grape tomatoes, diced or quartered
- ½ cup diced black olives (I prefer Kalamata washed of brine. These amounts can be altered to your taste.)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra light olive oil
- 1 scant tablespoon of zaatar spice mix (I prefer Pereg)
- 2 garlic cloves, freshly pressed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Add quinoa to boiling water, let simmer covered for 12 minutes & fluff with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the feta, tomatoes, and olives. To prepare the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, zaatar spice, garlic, and salt. Toss quinoa with vegetables and dressing.
The flavors mingle and are enhanced with time, so prepare slightly in advance.
Note: This dressing is fabulous on any salad. Make a double or triple batch to keep in the fridge.