For gluten free version, substitute pasta for gluten-free. It could be eaten warm (my favorite) or at room tempeture, as a side dish or main curse depending on portion.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 PeopleServings
- 1 pound pasta (fusilli, elbows etc) Use gluten-free pasta for gluten-free version
- 1 14-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, hearts cut into smaller pieces *Reserve some of the oil from the artichokes to flavor the pasta
- 2 chopped shallots
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic Adjust amount to taste
- 1 can sliced black olives drained
- 1 bag julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
1. In a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook it, uncovered, for the time indicated in package until al dente. While the pasta cooks, prep the other ingredients.
2. At medium setting, heat a large saucepan with the 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Place the chopped shallots, minced garlic, cut marinated artichoke hearts, julienned sun-dried tomatoes and sliced black olives in the pan. Saute vegetables until fragrant and shallots are translucent, careful not to burn the garlic or it will turn bitter.
4. When pasta is done, drain it and add it to the pan.
5. Add the black pepper, reserved oil from artichokes and parsley and toss until pasta and vegetables are well incorporated.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm