- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 whole fish and about 1 ½ cups saladServings
- 2 small bulbs fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup parsley leaves
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 6 whole small trout, cleaned and butterflied
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 12 sprig fresh oregano
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine fennel, capers, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay trout on a greased baking sheet. Stuff each fish with slices of red onion, lemon, whole sprigs of parsley and oregano. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until fish is firm and flakey. Serve with fennel salad.