Mayonnaise is a staple that can serve as a base for so many dishes. When you have a good kosher for Pesach mayo recipe, it fills a lot of needs and is much more delicious than any store bought variety. To achieve the right consistency, eggs need to be beaten at a high speed for a long time, with the oil added extremely slowly, drip by drip. This is not the time to pull out your hand mixer—a Kitchen Aid or Bosch is necessary.
- Prep Time
- 1 medium-sized jarServings
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat eggs at a high speed.
2. Add the salt and lemon juice. Continue beating for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, begin adding oil, drip by drip, while eggs continue to beat.
4. Transfer to container and keep refrigerated.
Equipped with a delicious fresh mayonnaise, the salad possibilities are almost endless.