- 4 ServingsServings
- 8 ounces salmon filet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces red snapper or halibut filet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, cut to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced small
- 2/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced into quarter moons
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt or kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sheets matzo crumbled large (divided)
- 1 12- ounce package mixed field greens
1 Place fish in a glass bowl with lime and lemon juices. Tightly cover with plastic wrap.
2 Refrigerate 6 -10 hours, stirring occasionally.
3 Drain and discard juices. Set fish aside.
4 One hour before serving:
5 In a medium sized bowl combine the tomatoes, jalapeno and bell peppers with the onion and cilantro. Pour in the olive oiand season with salt and pepper.
6 Add in half the crumbled matzo and the reserved fish. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix to evenly combine.
7 Cover tightly with plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator for one more hour.
8 Remove from refrigerator, adjust seasonings and carefully fold in the remaining crumbled matzo. Serve chilled on a bed of mixed field greens.
Source: Jeff Nathan