Matzo balls - the quintessential addition to chicken soup. For another idea, try putting a few into cholent instead of kishka.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Dorot Chopped Garlic Cube
- 3 Dorot Chopped Onion Cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chicken consomme
1. Mix all ingredients together until uniform. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for an hour before use.
3. Make small balls with your hands and put into a pot with boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and the chicken Consomme.
4. Cook until the matzo balls float. Drain and cool.