7 is such an important number in Judaism and an especially delicious one when it is wine soaked matzo covered in Chocolate. We think you will be pretty thrilled with this when you realize dessert is in the fridge and you didn't break a sweat.
For tips on the best ways to melt chocolate check out our Ultimate Chocolate Guide.
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ pounds bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sweet red wine or grape juice
- 7 sheets matzo
- Garnish: fresh berries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Keep chocolate warm by keeping melted chocolate in a bowl set over a bowl of warm water.
- Place wine in a pan large enough to accommodate a sheet of matzo without breaking it.
- Soak one sheet of matzo in wine for about 30 seconds. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread a thin layer of chocolate over the matzo being sure to cover the edges. Moisten another sheet of matzo in wine and stack on top of the matzo with chocolate. Spread chocolate on the 2nd sheet of matzo and repeat until all matzos are moistened and covered in chocolate. Pour remaining chocolate over the top, allowing it to drip down the sides. Spread it with a spatula.
- Refrigerate to allow chocolate to set up.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.