This matzah bread is delicious (believe is or not!) and totally kosher for Passover. The ingredients are simple, the directions are straightforward and it comes out fluffy- see for yourself in the video! It’s a hit every time. Serve as a hamburger bun or any other sandwich you can dream of. It’s a fresh change from matzah as the holiday moves into its third or fourth day of your bread-free diet.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 cups matzo meal
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
- Add matzo meal, salt and sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix.
- Add water and vegetable oil to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Immediately pour into the matzo meal mixture and stir well.
- One at a time, mix each egg into the matzo meal.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- With oiled hands (very important), shape into 6 buns. We like to roll each into a ball then smush it a little bit.
- Place on an oven tray covered in baking paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Check occasionally to make sure it’s not browning too fast.