You will fall in love with the newest Passover snack craze. Matzo Nachos or Machos are a delicious way to eat your matzo.The recipe is super simple and the bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese pairs amazingly with the tomatoes, jalapeño peppers and fresh salsa.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 4 Pieces of Matzo (any variety, I used whole wheat)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, To taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Chili Flakes
- Salt, To taste
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded (or you can use cheddar if you prefer for a more traditional nacho)
- 1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese,Shredded
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1 Jalepeno Pepper, Seeded and Sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Mashed avocado
- Sour cream
- Fresh torn cilantro leaves, optional
- Lime wedges
1.Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Soak the matzo in water until slightly softened, about 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Remove matzo from water, slice into triangles and lay on a baking sheet.
4. Drizzle olive oil on the matza and season with salt and chili flakes to taste.
5. Sprinkle matzo with cheese and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until matzo is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
6. While matzo is in the oven assemble Salsa: toss tomatoes, jalapeño and lemon juice together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt.
7. Remove nachos from the oven and top with salsa, avocado, sour cream, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.