- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large:potatoes (3 lbs)
- 2 teaspoon:salt, divided
- 8 oz. pkg.:cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg,:lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon:flour
- 1/4 teaspoon:baking powder
- 1 tablespoon:butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon:paprika
- Cook potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt until tender. Drain and cool to touch. Peel and mash in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining salt, cream cheese, flour, baking powder and butter. Mix until blended.
- Spoon into 6 large mounds on a baking sheet. Shape each mound into a 4-inch bowl using the back of a large spoon; cover and freeze till firm.
- Place in freezer zip-lock bags; and freeze up to 1 month. Remove from freezer and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake frozen bowls at 450 for 15 minutes until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.
- Makes 6 bowls.
Super dish in which to serve grilled or steamed vegetables