You'll need to make more than one batch of Masala Chai Roasted Nuts. This spicy snack will be eaten very quickly.
Roast nuts until they are dry and golden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 - 15Servings
- 500 grams (4 cups) of raw mixed nuts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Contents of 2 masala chai tea bags
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili flakes
- ¼ cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F), and prepare a baking tray lined in parchment paper.
2. Place maple syrup, oil, salt, tea, chili, and water in a large bowl. Mix well until smooth, add nuts, and mix again.
3. Transfer nuts to the baking sheet and roast for half an hour. Check and stir a few times, untill nuts are dry and golden. Let nuts cool before placing them in a jar.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.