The spiced flavor of Masala Chai Cookies makes them the perfect fall dessert. It's like having your chai tea and cookies all in one.
Roll out dough to ½ centimeter (¼ inch) thick and cut out cookies.
Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake cookies at 180°C (350°F) for 15 minutes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 60 cookiesServings
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup corn flour
- Contents of 2 masala chai tea bags
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - 2 tablespoons ice water, if needed
1. Place ground almonds, corn flour, and chai tea in a food processor and process untill mixed evenly.
2. Add vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar, and process.
3. Add butter in cubes and process, scraping the sides periodically.
4. Add egg and continue processing for few seconds.
5. Add all-purpose flour and process in pulses, until combined. If dry, add water.
6. Divide dough in half, wrap both pieces in plastic wrap, and refrigarate for an hour.
7. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare 2 cookie sheets.
6. Roll one part of the dough out to ½ centimeter (¼ inch) thick, chose a cookie cutter you love, and cut cookies.
7. Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on the tray.
8. Cut out cookies from the rest of the dough, and continue baking.
9. When cookies are cool, store in a jar.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.