Fried eggplant is always a treat, plan to enjoy some hot and fresh and turn the rest into this incredible make ahead salad.
Make Ahead Tip: Store fried eggplant in fridge for up to 2 days.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 pound eggplant, thinly sliced
Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
3 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, for serving
½ cup chopped fresh basil, for serving
1. Place eggplant slices on kitchen towel or paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 15 minutes. Wipe off excess liquid and salt.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium. Fry eggplant slices for 2 minutes. Flip and fry 2 minutes more, until golden brown, Drain and cool on paper towels.
4. Combine scallions, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper.
5. Pour over eggplant slices. Store covered for up to 3 days.
6. Serve with tomatoes and fresh basil.