- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. good-quality maple syrup
- 2 tsp. prepared basil pesto
- 12 to 15 thin asparagus spears, blanched or lightly steamed
- 1 c. California golden raisins
- 1 can (7.75-ounce) hearts of palm, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 4 large red lettuce leaves
- 1 lb. salmon steak, divided into 4 pieces
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts (pignoli), coarsely chopped
1 Whisk vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and pesto together in bottom of a large mixing bowl.
2 Reserve 2 tablespoons. Cut asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces and add to bowl with raisins, hearts of palm and basil.
3 Toss to coat and combine. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
4 To serve, brush salmon with reserved dressing and let stand about 30 minutes.
5 Place one red lettuce leaf on each of 4 individual salad plates. Divide chilled salad and spoon on top.
6 Quickly grill or broil salmon and arrange on top of salads. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Source: California Raisin Marketing Board