Recipe courtesy of Caleb Garcia, 2009 Rising Mango Star finalist.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
Mango Stir Fry:
- 2 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup mango, sliced
- Chow mien noodles, for serving
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 3/4 cup mango juice
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 5 tablespoon honey
dd oil to heated wok. Add chicken breast. Cook until golden brown, turning occasionally. While chicken is cooking make the teriyaki sauce by combining all ingredients and whisking together. Once the chicken starts to brown add yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper and diced mango. Let sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Next add teriyaki sauce. Let reduce until thick about 6-8 minutes, add sliced mango about 2-3 minutes before it is completely done reducing. In a separate pan add about 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce and reduce for garnish. Serve on a plate of chow mien noodles.
Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and the separately reduced teriyaki sauce. Enjoy!