A great start to the day and the perfect after-school snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 9 ServingsServings
- 3 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/12 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place pureed mango in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until excess liquid has cooked off and mixture is very thick but is still moist.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in flour, oat bran, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, then stir in oats.
- Spread into prepared pan, then spread mango mixture over top; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.