Grilled tuna is incredible. It has a meaty quality, yet is light and full of protein and omega-3. The marinade provides a tropical feel and brightens up the tuna. Tuna tastes best when prepared to a medium-rare doneness, but if you like your tuna more well-done, cook it for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 cups mango juice
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint or basil or combination of both
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely diced
1. Place tuna steaks in a plastic container or large Ziploc bag.
2. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over tuna.
3. Marinate in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
4. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Remove tuna from marinade and grill with the lid closed for four minutes per side.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2013. Subscribe Now.