These Asian inspired mango and chicken lettuce wraps add a riot of delicious colors and flavor to your plate. You don't even need a fork!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon minced, fresh lemongrass
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped; divided
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1. Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
2. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and lemongrass.
3. Finely chop half the mango and add to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is very thick. Let cool.
4. Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves and top each with remaining mango, bell pepper, green onion and cilantro.
Source: National Mango Board