The sweet taste of mango makes this aioli a special sauce that can be used as a condiment to fish, vegetable patties or even meat (what a great sauce for hamburgers!).
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 2 large egg yolks (use pasteurized, if available)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Add mango and sweat mango until soft.
2. Stir in sugar and let cool.
3. Put mango in a blender and puree.
4. Add egg yolks and lime juice. While blender is running, slowly drizzle in remaining 3/4 cup oil. If necessary, add a splash of cold water to loosen up the aioli.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into a serving bowl.
Note 1: If the mango is very ripe, you may not want to add sugar. If it’s not too ripe, you may want to add more sugar.
Note 2: This recipe uses raw eggs which can be a health hazard, especially for children, the elderly, or pregnant women.