A quicky way to make a good pizza - use pita bread for the dough and then top with your favorite topping. Here we used lox and a combination of vegetables.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 pita breads
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separate into rings
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/3 pound lox
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 425.
2. Split each pita bread so that you have a total of 8 rounds. Place rounds, cut side up, on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Arrange mushrooms, lox, peppers and onions on top. Sprinkle with basil and cheeses.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Cut each round into 6 pieces.