This latke recipe uses only 1 potato and cooking spray along with a non stick pan to cut the carbs and fat. You can fry these like you would traditional latkes if desired.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 (16 latkes) ServingsServings
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (1 head)
- 3 medium carrots or 6 baby carrots, peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- 1 small potato peeled and quartered
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- ¼ cup matzoh meal
- 1 small onion finely diced
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
To prepare the latkes:
1. Boil cauliflower, carrots, potato and garlic in salted water for 15 minutes and drain well.
2. Chop cauliflower, smash the potato and garlic.
3. Combine cauliflower, carrots, potato, garlic, matzoh meal, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add eggs to bind ingredients together.
4. Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into latkes. Spray cooking spray into a non stick pan. Brown latkes on each side to desired doneness.