- 12-16 servings ServingsServings
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp each salt, garlic powder, and pepper
- 1 tsp each cayenne pepper, dried oregano and ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 fresh beef brisket ( 4 to 6 lbs)
- BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 to 4 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 4 tsp Liquid Smoke, optional
1 In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Rub 2 tsp over brisket. (Placed remaining seasoning mixture in an airtight container; save for up to 3 months for another use.)
2 In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the brisket. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
3 Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard marinade from brisket; pat dry with paper towels. Place brisket over pan; grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 30-45 mins on each side or until browned.
4 Transfer brisket to a heavy-duty disposable roasting pan. Pour 1-1/4 cups of reserved sauce over brisket. Cover with a double layer of heavy-duty foil and seal tightly.
5 grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 3-4 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Slice brisket across the grain. Serve with remaining sauce.
adapted from www.tasteofhome.com