This loaded potato is filled with kosher sausage and bacon made from duck. Duck in all these forms can be found from Pelleh Farms, ask for it at your local kosher market.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 Pelleh Duck Sausages
- 1 pack Pelleh Duck Bacon
- 6 medium red-skinned potatoes
- ¼ cup pareve sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- One bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Chopped chives, for garnish
1. Grill sausages on medium heat in a grill pan or outdoor grill for five minutes per side. Once cool enough to handle, slice sausages into thin rounds.
2. Lay duck bacon in even layer in cool pan. Turn to medium-high heat and cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and finely dice.
3. Boil potatoes for twenty minutes until just tender.
4. Slice potatoes in half. Scoop out potato, leaving a half-inch border around potato. Reserve scooped out mixture.
5. Spray potatoes with cooking spray, sprinkle salt and pepper on top and roast for fifteen minutes in a 400°F oven.
6. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, paprika, salt, garlic powder and scallions to create a smooth dressing.
7. While potato is roasting combine scooped out potato with sour cream dressing, corn, scallions, diced sausage and half of the diced duck bacon.
8. Remove potatoes from oven, fill with potato mixture. Top with remaining duck bacon and chives and serve warm.
Variation: Loaded Potato Salad: Boil potatoes for thirty minutes until fork tender and just starting to break apart. Cube potatoes, make sour cream dressing and combine remaining ingredients to create the ultimate potato salad. Serve warm or store in airtight container and serve cool. Perfect for your next barbecue.