A traditional recipe made easy by using a house hold staple like cream cheese in place of sour cream.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 6 (8-ounce) Idaho potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Les Petite Fermieres Shredded Cheddar
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Prick the potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave on high for 12 minutes. While potatoes are in the microwave, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onions in oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli.
When potatoes are done, cut them in half and scoop out the flesh. Mash the flesh with cream cheese, salt, and pepper; and put the mixture back into the skins, filling them about three-quarters full. Distribute broccoli and onions evenly among the potato halves and top with cheddar.
Bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the potatoes are cooked through.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher JAMIE GELLER