- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup ground and toasted almonds
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk, beaten
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup fresh raspberry Jam (recipe follows)
- Granulated Sugar, to taste
- 2 to 3 pint Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar. Add the almonds and eggs.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix the dough until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Spread the top with raspberry jam.
- Roll out remainder of the dough to 1/8 inch thick and chill.
- Cut into strips and arrange in a lattice pattern.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Add sugar to the raspberries in a medium sized pot. Cook over medium low heat until the raspberries break down and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add more sugar if needed. Puree slightly with a hand blender.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled but will take a while to cook down.