- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 8 ounces linguine (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups small Caesar or Italian-flavored croutons
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Fill a large saucepan with salted water; bring to a boil.
2 Add linguine; cook until pasta is firm-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid; set aside.
3 Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl; cover to keep warm.
4 Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until hot. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
5 Reduce heat to medium; add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and just release their liquid, about 6 minutes.
6 Stir in roasted red peppers, salt and black pepper; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
7 Add the reserved cooking liquid; pour over linguine. Stir in croutons and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com