- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1 tbsp apple juice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 22 oz can lemon pie filling
- confectioner's sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixer bowl and beat together. You may need to add a drop more oil or flour, depending on the consistency. (Instead of continuously rolling out the dough and using a glass to cut circles, I just formed small balls and pressed them down flat. It saved a lot of effort, and it made the hamantashen slightly thicker.)
- Spoon a dollop of lemon pie filling in the center and pinch the corners to form a hamantash. Make sure to pinch corners really well!
- Place on greased cookie sheets 1 inch apart, and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Let them cool, then use a small strainer to sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top.