- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 cupcakes. ServingsServings
- 1 (18oz/515g) pkg lemon cake mix 1
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 1/4 cups water 300 mL
- 3 eggs 3
- 2 Tbsp grated lime zest 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest 30 mL
- Frosting:1 (8 oz/250g) cream cheese 1
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups icing sugar 625-750 mL
- 1 tsp lime zest 5 mL
- 1 tsp lemon zest 5 mL
1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2 Line muffin pans with 24 paper baking cups. In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, canola oil, water, eggs, lime zest and lemon zest. Beat well, about 2 minutes. Spoon the batter into baking cups.
3 Bake cupcakes for 14-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Remove cakes from baking cups.
4 Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add icing sugar and continue to beat until well mixed. Add any additional icing sugar as needed.
5 Add lime and lemon zest and beat until combined. Spread icing over cupcakes and decorate with candied fruit pieces.