This turkey hash is the perfect way to use up leftover turkey from any holiday. Spinach makes this dish a complete meal. For an optional flavor boost, pastrami can be added. Top your savory hash with hot sauce or mustard for a tangy kick.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large slices leftover turkey, diced (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup pastrami, chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped chives or scallions
- Garnish: hot sauce or mustard
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and diced potatoes. Cook potatoes 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned and softened; remove to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add another tablespoon evoo and onion to the pan; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden.
4. Add garlic, turkey and pastrami (optional); cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is browned and cooked through.
5. Add spinach, salt, pepper, and chives; stir.
6. Serve, garnished with hot sauce or mustard.