- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced and cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
3 tablespoons vegan butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Pierce squash all over with a knife and place in a baking dish filled a ¼-inch deep with water. Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- While squash is baking, place chicken on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add leeks and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook 2 more minutes. Add broth and wine and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in vegan butter and parsley and add chicken breasts to coat with sauce.
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds and use a fork to scrape the flesh into long spaghetti-like strands. Place in a large bowl and toss with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, parsley, thyme and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve spaghetti squash with chicken drizzled with sauce over top.