If you like leeks and herbs, these latkes will delight your taste buds. The sour cream topping adds a layer of creamy, seasoned goodness to savor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Sour Cream Dip:
- 7 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 fresh frozen garlic cubes
- 3 fresh frozen dill cubes
- A pinch salt
- A pinch white pepper
- 2 pounds fresh leek (about 4 leeks), white and light green parts only, chopped
- 5 fresh frozen onion cubes
- 2 fresh frozen garlic cubes
- 4 fresh frozen parsley cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
1. In a small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and dill cubes, salt, and pepper until mixture is uniform and smooth.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion cubes and leeks to the pan; sauté until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and parsley cubes, salt, and pepper; sauté until heated, about 3 more minutes.
4. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool for a few minutes.
5. Add eggs, flour to mixture; combine until mixture is soft and uniform.
6. Add vegetable oil to pan until it reaches ½-inch in depth, and reheat pan over medium.
7. Add large spoonfuls of mixture to pan and cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until golden. Transfer latkes to paper towel-lined plate.
8. Serve latkes immediately, topped with Sour Cream Dip.
Contributed by: DOROT