- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 2 :tablespoons butter
- 6 :to 8 leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 3 :to 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 :tablespoons potato starch
- 1/3 :cup sour cream
- 4 :cups hot water
- salt:and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in the bottom of a stock pot.
- Saute leeks until tender 5 to 7 minutes.
- Do not brown.
- Sprinkle the potato starch over the leeks and cook several more minutes, stirring constantly, until the potato starch and leeks are blended is well blended.
- Remove from heat.
- Add hot water, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the heat (simmer temperature) and add the potatoes and cook, partially covered, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in sour cream and serve immediately, or puree and then serve.
- Garnish with finely chopped chives.