- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- olive oil
- 8 shoulder lamb chops, 3/4" cut
- matzo cake flour, for dredging
- 2 small onions, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic, about 3 - 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- 2 carrots, diced large
- 1 28- oz. can crushed tomatoes, or 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
1 In a large sauté pan heat the oil. Place the matzo flour in a shallow bowl and coat the lamb chops.
2 Place the chops in the hot oil and sear the lamb on both sides. Remove each piece to an ovenproof, greased casserole and reserve.
3 To the same sauté pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook over low heat until the onions are just wilted. Add in the white wine, herbs, carrots and tomato.
4 Stir to scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook 2 – 3 minutes.
5 Pour the sauce over the lamb chops and cover. Bake at 350° F. for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until meat is tender.
Source: Jeff Nathan