These Mediterranean flavored Lamb Kebobs with Fresh Mint and Cilantro can be grilled, broiled, or pan-fried.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 lbs. ground lamb
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (substitute parsley for cilantro haters, if you must)
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1/2 cup matzah meal or potato starch (optional, to bind)
1. Mix all ingredients together except for juice from ½ of the lemon. Shape into cigars. Grill, broil, or pan-fry. Squeeze reserved half lemon over cigars.
2. Can be made up to 1 day ahead and kept tightly wrapped in the fridge, or frozen for up to two months.
Recipe by Naftali Hanau and Rachel Rosen
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller MagazineSpring 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW