Handle artichokes very delicately to ensure that the bread crumbs don't fall off.
- Prep Time
- 3-4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (12-ounce) jar quartered, marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Place bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Drain artichokes and toss in bread crumbs to cover. Set aside.
- Heat olive and vegetable oils in a deep 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Temperature should reach 350 degrees to 375 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer, so a breaded cube tossed in should brown in 60 seconds.
- Add artichokes carefully. Fry 1 to 2 minutes until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon, remove artichokes from hot oil. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. Place a decorative toothpick in each piece, if desired