Using tofutti products you can make a chicken Parmesan that meets all the kosher laws. It is so fun to eat foods like these and it is so easy to make too. Give it a try.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic and/or favorite seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato marinara sauce
- 1 package of Tofutti Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Tofutti Better than Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F.
2. Place chicken breast between parchment/wax papers on a cutting board. Firmly tenderize chicken with a meat mallet to about ½ inch thickness.
3. Mix bread crumbs, all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper or favorite all-purpose seasoning.
4. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip chicken breast in eggs.
6. Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture. Press breading into both sides.
7. In a large frying pan on medium-high heat add 1 cup of canola or vegetable oil.
8. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
9. Mix the Tofutti Better than Ricotta Cheese and the Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese together.
10. Place chicken in a baking pan. Spread each cutlet with Tofutti Better than Ricotta Cheese and Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese mixture. Add 1-2 tablespoons tomato sauce per cutlet. Layer each cutlet with an equal amount of Tofutti mozzarella cheese slices, 2-3 per cutlet.
11. Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 12 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller – Late Winter 2014 – Subscribe Now.