I got this recipe from my neighbor who was missing several key ingredients from a cookbook recipe she was trying to follow, and the results are amazing! I have made it many times since, and my favorite compliment I've gotten was from my friend who is a baalas tshuva and told me that it's the closest kosher thing she has tasted to chicken parmesan!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package Chicken Breast
- Flour for Coating
- 2-3 Eggs
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 c. Jarred Marinara Sauce
- 1/3 c. Mayonnaise (I prefer full fat)
- 1/3 c. Orange Juice (the fresher the better)
- 1/3 c. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Tbsp. Prepared Yellow Mustard
1. Cut each chicken breast into 2-3 pieces (either strips or squares). Coat each piece in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs. Fry until crumbs are light-medium brown. (The inside does not really need to be cooked through so don't dry it out!)
2. Combine all sauce ingredients with an immersion blender until smooth.
3. Arrange shnitzel pieces in single layer in a baking pan, and pour the sauce over them. Cover with foil, and bake on 350 for 1 hour.