This Lentil Salad is a great side dish for Roasted Turkey or Roasted Cornish Hens.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne (or white wine)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until lentils are tender but still hold their shape, and liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a dish and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW