For the best-ever green beans seek out some haricots verts, the official French name for these delicious, best-ever green beans. They are slender, more flavorful, stringless string beans. These beans will have you saying ooh, la, la!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound baby French string beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons prepared crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash and trim stem end of beans. Do not trim the thin, elegant end. Place in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover partially, allowing a bit of air to escape. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Pour into a bowl and serve warm or cold.
You can easily use regular string beans for this recipe, if you prefer. Just cook them about 5 minutes longer.