This Greek lemon and chicken soup is easy to make with common ingredients you may already have at home.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 quarts chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 Eggs
- Juice of 3 lemons (6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- Place chicken broth in a 4- to 6-quart soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, remove pot from heat.
- Place eggs in a bowl and beat well. Beat in lemon juice.
- While continuing to beat eggs vigorously, ladle out about 1 cup of chicken broth and beat it into the eggs. Pour egg and broth mixture back into the pot.
- Return pot to heat and stir while broth thickens, but do not let it boil. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW