Kofta kebabs are made from ground beef or lamb and mixed with lots of Middle Eastern spices for superb flavor. Traditionally they are wrapped around large flat skewers, but they can also be made as oval shaped, almost like mini burgers without sticks, which is easier to make at home. These can be made solely on the grill, but the oven cooking ensures that they fully cook all the way through.
Serve with a flavorful rice like our Israeli Green Rice.
1. You can prep the meat mixture the day before so all you have to do is shape and cook before dinner.
2. You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free panko bread crumbs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Combine beef or lamb, egg, panko, cinnamon, basil, Worcestershire (if using), salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix well. By hand, take approximately a ½ cup of the mixture and form an oval shape similar to an egg. Press with three fingers in the middle to slightly flatten to 1-inch thick. Place in a pan and repeat using parchment paper in between stacked layers.
- Preheat grill to high flame and oven to 350°F. Once the grill and grates are very hot, sear the kabobs for 1 minute on each side and place in pan. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes then let rest. Serve warm over rice or couscous.
- Drizzle with tahini and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.