I came up with this recipe when I had a bag of key limes and knew I did not want to make pie. You can surely use regular limes, but there is something nice about these little guys they make a really flavorful cake. I used coconut milk since that flavor goes well with limes and I would even try using coconut oil in place of margarine next time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 3 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoon fresh key lime juice
- cooking spray
1½ cup sugar
- 3 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup vegan butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk mixed with 1 teaspoon lime juice
Key Lime Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon key lime juice
Preheat oven to 350℉.
1. Combine the lime zest and juice and set aside.
2. Coat a 9"-inch bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
3. In a medium bowl combine, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, once fluffy add sugar. Then add the lime juice mix and eggs, stir until combined.
5. Add flour mixture and coconut milk a little at a time alternating between the two until the batter comes together.
6. Pour into prepared cake pan and place in oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. Before serving, prepare glaze by mixing lime juice and powdered sugar. You can add some extra lime zest here if you like. Mix until you achieve the right consistency to drizzle over the cake and serve.