I saw this from Aarti on the food network and I could not wait to make it. Now I want to make it all the time.
Kale has maintained its status as number 1 superfood for good reason. It’s an antioxidant superstar; has anticancer effects; promotes urinary health; and tastes great cooked, raw, or in chip form.
- Prep Time
- 1 bunch kale, remove stalks, slice leaves thin (about 6 cups)
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 mango (fresh or frozen), thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup green pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. In a large salad bowl, mix kale with half the lemon juice, a drizzle of evoo, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Gently massage kale with your hands to soften. Set aside.
3. Whisk together remaining lemon juice and honey.
4. Slowly stream in remaining evoo.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Add mango, blueberries, and seeds to the bowl of kale.
7. Drizzle with dressing to taste and gently toss.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 271 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g