This versatile recipe only sounds fancy. If you can make a crepe or lokshen, you can make this omelet!
The omelet can be used as a “wrapper" for a sushi style wrap, a side dish, or an add-in for a noodle or rice salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash of mirin (Japanese sweet wine) or pinch of sugar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Whisk eggs, soy sauce, wine, scallion, and sesame seeds together.
2. Heat an omelet pan over high heat. Add a small amount of evoo to coat the pan.
3. Add a small amount of egg mixture (enough to lightly coat the entire bottom of the pan). Swirl the pan to cover with egg mixture. When eggs are set, roll omelet into a log and transfer to a plate.
4. Continue until all egg mixture is used.