Editor's Note: You can buy the focaccia in the store, but we recommend you start with this homemade Fool Proof Focaccia recipe to make these spicy Jalapeño Popper Sandwiches. With a dollop of fresh Salsa, these tasty sandwiches will really pop your taste buds!
Variation: Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Replace cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeños with mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, and sundried tomatoes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 sandwichesServings
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 small jalapeños, chopped
- 4 (4”) squares focaccia, halved laterally
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
1. Combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and chopped jalapeños in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Spread butter on each side of the bread. Place 1/4 of the cheese mixture in each sandwich.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, place the sandwiches. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Serve with salsa on the side.
Recipe posted with permission from Cooking for the King, Kosher Recipes With the Taste of Torah, Designed to Bring Majesty to Your Menu, by Renee Chernin